APACHE TOMCAT SERVER DETAIL
Q.What is tomcat?
Ans:1) Tomcat is a Java Servlet container and web server from the Jakarta project of the Apache software foundation.
2) A web server responds with web pages to requests from client browsers.
3) Web servers can provide dynamic content based on the requests sent by the user.
4) Tomcat is very good at this because it provides both Java servlet and JavaServerPages (JSP) technologies.
5) Tomcat can also be used as a web server for many applications even if free servlet and JSP engine is wanted.
6) It can be used standalone or used behind traditional web servers such as Apache httpd, with the traditional server serving static pages and Tomcat serving dynamic servlet and JSP requests
Q: Where do you deploy your application at Tomcat?
Ans: We deploy web application as war or exploded format in .\webapps folder.
Q: What is the default port of Tomcat server ?
Ans : 8080.
Q: How do you configure data connection pool in Tomcat?
Ans : Using <datasource> tag in web.xml file.
Q: How you can change default port of Tomcat server?
Ans : Modify .\conf\server.xml and change port number in <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" tag.
Q: How do start and stop Tomcat server?
Ans: Using .\bin\startup.bat and .\bin\shutdown.bat.
Q: What is the deployment folder structure of a web application in Tomcat Server?